Just like that, we’re at the end of another month and it’s time for the second installment of our Favourite Things series. This month’s round up is a selection of fabulous finds that are all available in Dubai.
1. This zebra sculpted porcelain candle-in-a-bowl belongs to the Afrique collection, by Luna Porcelain (made in South Africa). Aside of this collection, which includes giraffes, leopards and elephants, the Luna range boasts an array of unique candles and homeware – all available from The Rustic Bead. Packaged in a chic black box, they make ideal gifts and when you’re done with the candle, the bowl can be used for so many different things. However, if you prefer to keep the candle going, you could get them refilled by Pure Candles.
2. I can’t get enough of these flat-woven Turkish hammam towels (also known as pestemals). Lightweight and highly adsorbent, they roll up so much smaller than regular towels making them perfect for your beach bag. I use mine as a sarong too. The one pictured is from Drifting Arrows but they are available in Dubai at The White Company.
3. I have fallen hard for this Safi wool rug from West Elm. The neutral tones make it so versatile.
4. How fabulous are these tear-off fabric placemats? Available by the roll in cotton and linen, these babies are sure to give you the hostess-with-the-mostess edge. They come in a wide variety of colours and have matching napkins in the range as well. And as if they didn’t already have enough going for them, your conscience will be pleased to know that they are biodegradable! You can dispose of them after one use or wash and reuse up to six times. What I really love about them is their stiff, almost starched-like feel, reminiscent of old-school posh restaurants. Available from The Sofa Studio.
5. Being the stationery freak that I am, I can’t help but love this adorable Habibi note card set, available online at Little Majlis, which is like Dubai’s version of Etsy. Habibi is an Arabic term meaning ‘beloved’; a term of endearment often used casually between friends, like buddy or my darling.