Well hello there, December! How did you get here so quickly? I guess that’s it then, we are officially on the countdown to Christmas. Can somebody give me a whoop, whoop!?
If you follow any of my social media feeds, you will probably have seen that I recently worked on a collaboration project with three very talented bloggers – my close friend and blogging buddy, Jacqui from Brooke Eva, the lovely Linda from Live Loud Girl, and the super artistic, Camilla from Best of Two Sisters.
So there we were, four bloggers from three different countries, all residents of this one awesome city. With a shared passion for interior styling, we decided to pool our creative juices and work together on a very festive collaboration. The result: a super fun day with Christmas styling our way – a showcase of how to do a stylish Christmas in Dubai.
Our theme, as you will see, was black, white, gold and green. Herewith some simple tips for creating something different this year…
1. Don’t be afraid to break from tradition and use pieces of a tree, rather than the whole thing.
2. If you fancy being the hostess with the most-est, remember to incorporate personal details for your all guests. Name cards are inexpensive and easy to create. Add some two-way tape and a sprig of Christmas tree and things start looking pretty fancy.
3. Going that extra mile with personalised tableware will impress just about anyone.
4. Try a less traditional and more ‘deconstructed’ approach to your table settings.
5. Stacking your teacups or any other crockery under a glass dome looks pretty snazzy. It also serves to create a showpiece or talking point at the table… like, somebody keep the kids away from those exquisite teacups!!
6. Include some decor that simply reeks of Christmas. Be it brass deer, gold feathers or these beautiful watercolour pieces (by the super talented Camilla), be sure to set the Christmas mood, no matter where you stand on the boundary between traditional and modern.
Speaking of Camilla’s artwork, she has very generously agreed to make the watercolour deer available as a free download for our readers! You can grab it over here. Yes, it seems that Christmas has come early this year.
I had such fun working on this project with these amazing girls, and I look forward to more collaborative work in the future. I must also say a very big thank you to the kind folks at Tom & Serg, West Elm Dubai, The One, D.tales and N.Bar for their enthusiastic support of this project.
Stay tuned for a ‘shop the look’ feature to follow soon. In the meantime, happy Christmas planning.
Linking with: Lil Mrs Tori