As we bid au revoir to yet another month, it’s time for our next Favourite Things roundup. This month’s edition is a follow-on from my post on natural decor. These fabulous pieces of furniture and accessories will help create a calm and neutral ambiance in your home.
1. I raved about this pendant light and similar oversized cotton beauties here. This lamp radiates beauty and simplicity. The frame is made of bamboo and a very fine handwoven cotton. Did you know that bamboo is a renewable resource that grows two times faster than a tree and releases 30% more oxygen into the atmosphere? Pretty cool fact.
Get the Z1 Cotton Lamp from BODIE and FOU who ship worldwide! I’ll race you to it.
2. Who doesn’t love a bit of antler or horn action? You can adopt this fine specimen from Zara Home at a very reasonable price.
3. West Elm never disappoints on the naturals front. This Crosby armchair is available in a host of stunning, thick-woven textiles. The one pictured is Pebble weave in Oatmeal. Subdued colours work best when using rich textures.
4. I’m truly smitten with these storage baskets from Connected Fair Trade goods. I also value organizations who practice fair trade and social responsibility. Win-win.
5. This stained and antiqued Walsh side table from Pottery Barn is so elegant. A perfect piece for this natural look.
6. Zara Home tends to have great rug options. The Interwoven Jute rug pictured is a little small but the texture is ideal. Could be used for layering.
7. What better way to enhance the au natural ambiance than with Jo Malone’s scented candles. Blackberry & Bay is a firm favourite of mine. They’re pricey but so worth it.
8. A gallery wall of Antique finished frames will complete the look.